8/2/07

Oh My Sweet, Sweet Mother Of............Babies?

So, I was originally going to start hacking this baby to pieces and write this friggin' bad boy as a review of Daredevil. Yes, I know it's as old as your mom............but I finally got around to watching it a few mere hours ago. So, instead of going through it, picking it apart, I will say this. Ben Affleck. Great actor (see Jersey Girl and/or Good Will Hunting for reference material). Colin Farrell. Cheesiest dialogue known within the entire history of mankind. It would be akin to scripting a movie about the events in the Garden of Eden and the only lines you gave Eve were after God banishes her and Adam from the Garden for eating the forbidden fruit, she turns to Adam and says, "Whoops. My bad."

And it had the cheesiest fight scenes ever. Ever.

Although it is nowhere near being on par with such awesome superhero fare as Batman Forever, Spiderman 3, The Tick, or Earthworm Jim (hey, you have to represent somehow ;) ), I still thought it was a decent watch, despite each and every word I have previously mentioned. Smooth.

Today, I started working towards some goals. Reading more. Being less lazy. Getting a wife. Ring any bells? The reading more got done while I was reading an article HM when I was planning on plowing through some C.S. Lewis (not Narnia. I'm talking his deep crap. Mere Christianity represent.), but that clearly did not end up happening. The being less lazy ended up happening when I decided to do some dishes. And the getting a wife................? Well..........let's just say I'm still working on that one ;).

It was also quite the random day. I randomly got woken up by the Internet repair guy when he showed up without warning at about 10 this morning. It was kinda funny though, so it's all good. Then my friend/roommate and I ended up chatting about how he was in Ann Arbor yesterday, chillin'. Then I went back to sleep around 11:30 and proceeded to wake back up at about 3:45. Sweetness came in by the droves.

I also came to a few more conclusions, among the old and the new, today. Some preachers are friggin' CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY muckanuckas. Seriously. When you preach, a. actually preach using the Bible, not pulling crap out of the top of your head, b. DON'T think you're more important than Jesus. You aren't. No single person (other than Jesus) is infallible., and c. people like Benny Hinn and TD Jakes and the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally strange Pentecostals (no, I'm not Pentecostal-bashing. I am one. I'm just talking about the ones that are waaaaaaaay out there and don't preach about crap from the Bible, and that goes from anyone from any denomination. Not just Pentecostals. Moving on...............) are.................interesting.


Oh sweet, sweet joy.


Sweet, sweet joy indeed.

No comments: